Move from Oracle to SQL Server 2017 and get free Licenses
Move from Oracle to SQL Server 2017—now available on Linux—and get free licenses
Bring your Oracle database over to Microsoft SQL Server 2017—now available on Linux—and get free licenses* with this offer and subsidized migration support services. SQL Server 2017 on Linux has best-in-class security, performance, and price. Free hands-on labs and instructor-led demos are also part of this offer.
*Software Assurance subscription required. Some restrictions may apply. Limited time offer—free training and subsidized deployment services available while supplies last or until June 30, 2018.
Migrate to SQL Server 2017 on Linux today and save
Leave expensive data solutions behind. Say goodbye to frustrating pricing plans. With SQL Server 2017 on Linux, you get exceptional in-memory performance across workloads, mission-critical high availability, and advanced analytics tools.
This offer smooths the database migration path with free licenses and a subsidy for Microsoft’s assessment and planning support services. Access to free training will also help kick-start your migration.
What you’ll love about SQL Server 2017
- Your choice of language and platforms – Build modern applications using the language of your choice, on-premises and in the cloud, now on Windows, Linux and Docker containers.
- Industry-leading performance – Take advantage of breakthrough scalability, performance, and availability for mission-critical, intelligent applications and data warehouses.
- Least vulnerable database – Protect data at rest and in motion with the least vulnerable database over the last seven years in the NIST vulnerabilities database*.
- Real-time intelligence – Gain transformative insights for your business with real-time analytics at up to 1M predictions/second.
- End-to-end mobile BI – Turn raw data into meaningful reports that can be delivered to any device—at one-fourth the cost of other self-service solutions.
Why switch to SQL Server?
- More secure – Get layers of protection for your data at rest and in motion. SQL Server is rated the least vulnerable database six years in a row by the National Institute of Standards and Technology.*
- Consistency across platforms – You’ll get a consistent experience across on-premises and cloud platforms with common development and management tools, and common T-SQL.
- Highest performing – SQL Server is ranked first, second, and third—and Oracle is ranked fifth—in the TPC-H 10TB non-clustered results, a standard benchmark for data warehousing workloads.**
- In-database advanced analytics – Make better decisions with easy-to-use analytics tools that seamlessly combine enterprise data, external data, and unstructured big data.
- In-memory built-in across all workloads – Achieve exponential performance gains with the speed of in-memory online transaction processing.