Finding Top Freelancers Through Better Job Descriptions
Specialized work often requires experts with specific skill sets and experience, and a well-crafted project description is a key ingredient if you want to attract the best freelancer to fit your project needs.
To attract the right freelancer for the task at hand, it helps to know how to tailor your project descriptions. These articles from team—wonder soft solutions’s resource for businesses, freelancers, and entrepreneurs—will help you get the most effective reach with your project descriptions.
Track Down Terrific Technical Writers
Writing is a freelance field that covers a tremendously broad range of styles, disciplines, and skill sets. While it’s often seen as a creative and artistic endeavor, the process of transforming highly technical information into digestible, easy-to-understand prose is no simple task for the common wordsmith. The best technical writers are adept at the different approaches required to excel in this role.
“How to Create the Optimal Technical Writing Job Description” explains the types of work technical writers most frequently handle, from whitepapers and product packaging to websites and training manuals. Explore how to align your project description to attract ideal talent, with a sample project description you can use as a guide to craft your own.
Here are three questions to consider when looking at a technical writer’s portfolio and evaluating whether they’re a good fit.
- How well does the writer understand your industry? Familiarity with your industry overall, as well as your company’s unique brand, can make for an ideal match.
- How do they gather and organize information for a project? Working with a resourceful, organized technical writer can ensure a project moves along smoothly.
- What other clients has the writer worked with before? Seeing specific examples of technical writing work, particularly projects for an audience similar to your own, can give you an immediate sense of what the finished results will look like.
Get Better Insights with a Data Scientist
Buried deep within the data generated by your company, team members, and customers lie many valuable insights. Without an expert who’s capable of analyzing and deciphering important trends within that vast sea of information, it’s hard to put that data to good use. That’s where a data scientist comes in.
“How to Compose the Ideal Data Scientist Job Description” explains how this newer specialization can be used to benefit your business. In addition to outlining the most valuable traits to look for in a freelance data scientist, it poses a number of questions to consider as you craft your project description.
- What do you aim to learn from the data? Setting a specific focus for what you aim to learn from the data will give potential talent a clearer sense of how to tackle the project.
- What is the expected time commitment? How long do you anticipate it’ll take to go through your data and glean the insights you seek? Are there any time constraints or other considerations to factor in?
- How large is your budget? Skilled and experienced data scientists expect adequate compensation, and the best of the best will be more inclined to submit a proposal if it seems financially worth their while.